Are you a student of Live a Brighter Life (LABL), the 6-module open-source empowerment program for living? Perhaps you’ve heard about it and would like to know more. Or, you’ve studied it already and want to go deeper because you know how powerful the work is. Maybe you’re interested in this opportunity to become a teacher of the work, yourself! Whatever the reason is, you’re in the right place.
To date, their experiences include, but are not limited to – bullying, power games, emotional abuse, domestic and gender-based violence. The individuals who’ve participated have been moms & doctors, teachers & business people, CEOs, law enforcement veterans, husbands and wives, both homeless and wealthy, abusers, survivors and more.
Based on leading evidence-based social science, ‘Live a Brighter Life’ was created by the Indrani’s Light Foundation (ILF) as a tool to eradicate gender-based violence in the world.
By popular demand, the ILF is now pleased to open its doors to its inaugural ONLINE teacher training, now happening in 2015. We call this program the TTT or ‘train the trainer.’
During this 8-session training, the 6 modules will be taught to a new generation of teachers who, upon graduation from both the training and practicum portions of the program, will be able to:
- integrate the lessons more fully into their own lives, studying and applying at a greater depth that lasts and evolves
- generate the stories from their own lives that will breathe life into the curriculum when they are in front of the room
- teach and present the lessons informally with attribution free of charge
- apply to attend a culminating in-person Train the Trainer retreat to become an official Team Teacher under the umbrella of the Indrani’s Light Foundation.
Note: If you wish to deepen your learning and do not intend to become a teacher of the program, you are more than welcome too! Just know that you’ll also learn about being a great communicator and transmitter of the concepts along the
Before Registering to Join Us
If you haven’t studied them already, please note the 6 modules of the Live A Brighter Life Program are prerequisites for entering the Train the Trainer Program on this page.
The specific modules cover:
Module #1: Setting Boundaries: Define Your Personal Space
Module #2: Saying No: Say ‘Yes’ to a New Way
Module #3: Letting Go: Uncover Your Self-Respect
Module #4: Finding Resilience: Uncover Your Self-Compassion
Module #5: Restoring Self: Stand in Your Divine Power
Module #6: Being Present: Reclaim Yourself Physically and Emotionally
Each recording is approximately 2 hours in length. These modules are what you will be learning to teach during the Train the Trainer program, and stand as an example to learn from. If you’ve listened to them before, you may find it of value to listen again through the lens of this question: “What do I need in order to teach this class well?’ Interactive and experiential, sessions incorporate intellectual teaching, thought-provoking exercises, and simple yoga and meditation.
How the Online Train the Trainer (TTT) will work
WHO: A maximun of 15 individuals who have previously studied the Live a Brighter Life Program and have an interest in furthering the cause of eradicating violence in the world.
WHAT: The training will be hands-on, multisensory and experiential, as well as highly personal, possibly intense and confrontative, but always safe and supported. Led by Andrea Lee, Director of Strategic Planning, and assisted by Jeremie Miller and Amy Dier, Directors of Outreach and Training at ILF. Pre-event assignments and post-event reviews are included in this registration.
WHERE: In our online classroom, accessible by US telephone number and webcam along with interactive chat. Long distance telephone charges may apply.
WHEN: 8 Fridays, October 16 onwards 1000AM – 1200 PM Pacific Time all days.
HOW: You will be asked to sign a confidentiality waiver and media release, as the proceedings will be recorded for future training purposes. For comfort, we encourage you to go on a first-name basis when sharing or teaching during the live workshop.
FEE: A one-time payment of $325 covers core expenses for the training, per person.
The Working Agenda – The following topics will be covered
- The structure and flow of the Live a Brighter Life Program from a teaching perspective
- The student demographic varies, but what do they have in common?
- Baseline practice – Where are you now, what are you comfortable with and what’s NOT comfortable?
- Teaching by Example – What stories in your life will become your teaching stories? How to choose, choosing, and practicing. (Icebreaker)
- The Biggest Pitfalls – When things go off track and why, includes hands-on exercises
- The Toughest Questions – Anger and you, safety as teachers, where you draw the line and how, including hands-on exercises
- Practice sessions with supervision and peer support
- Your Strengths and Weaknesses as teacher
- Using the Body, Mind and Spirit in the classroom
- Journalling and reflection
- Indrani’s Story – the history, underpinnings and values of the Indrani’s Light Foundation
- The first students of Live a Brighter Life and their stories
- The Biggest Opportunities – How much is enough, how much is too much
- Confidentiality, Administration, Management, Reporting
- Practice sessions with supervision and peer support
- Where can YOU live a brighter life, to become a better teacher
- Building relationships with shelters and other organizations to lead LABL
- Fundraising and the greater benefit and bigger picture of the ILF mission, what the future holds
- Final practice session with supervision and peer support
- Journalling and reflection
Topics and order of topics subject to change. Teacher Training materials, including recordings, will be provided for further review.
And now, it’s time for next steps. Time to breathe deeply and affirm from within. Then here are the steps:
- Registration starts by clicking the button below. Click it to register and reserve your seat. If you encounter any difficulties, or wish to be placed on the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once registered, we’ll send you class call-in info, an intake form to document your teaching experience and special interests, media release and confidentiality agreement, and a reading list plus assignment to prepare for our time.
- Finally, after the training is over, we will send you an intake and reflection sheet, plus evaluation form. After the online TTT is complete, there is an additional optional Live Train the Trainer you will be invited to attend, for those interested in becoming official teachers with Indrani’s Light Foundation.
Anticipated & Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I’m interested in teaching for ILF. What will that entail?
Answer: Thank you so much for your interest! We are currently creating the opportunities to bring on Team Teachers. Please note that due to the liability and risk involved in bringing on teachers under our name, there will be further steps required in addition to the training above. All future teachers will be required to attend the online TTT outlined above. The opportunities and requirements for teaching for ILF will be further developed from there.
Thank you for understanding that we are building as we go in the face of demand. We appreciate your patience. Please note that there is not an anticipated cash compensation associated with possible Team Teacher positions.
Question: Even if I don’t go ahead with becoming an ILF Team Teacher, can I still use the material to teach?
Answer: Yes, the Live a Brighter Life modules are licensed under Creative Commons which means we are granting you the ability to teach the modules as is, without changes, with attribution to ILF and at no cost to your students. Once you’ve finished the 8-sessions with us, you’ll be equipped to do this.
Question: I’m very fascinated by the work of Indrani’s Light Foundation and find it inspiring. Will I learn more about this at the workshop?
Answer: YES. There is a lot of ripe learning in the story of how things are unfolding for ILF right now. The TTT is the perfect place for us to share what’s happening, why, and hopefully transmit some of that wisdom to your mission in life AND give you more teaching material.
Question: I’m a man and I’m very interested in the training. Am I welcome?
Answer: No holds barred, YES. In fact, you will not be alone at the workshop – we welcome men and women with no preconceptions and extend the same safety, respect and honor for your desire to make the world a better place beginning with you.