A quick exercise and an “in the moment” tool for you today as we wrap up your work with the very first class in the Live a Brighter Life curriculum.
- Find a piece of paper and drawing tools.
- Draw yourself (stick figures allowed)
- Draw a box around yourself.
- Write your boundaries around the outside of the square. These are the boundaries people cannot cross with you.
- Post this picture somewhere you can see it, or put it in your wallet, purse, or pocket.
- When you find a boundary is being crossed remember to look at your picture as a reminder of your important personal boundaries, and that you will not let people cross them.
Next time you experience someone breaking a boundary try this:
- Press down on the ground with your feet and push yourself a bit taller.
- Breathe into your feet.
- Take three breaths before you respond and enforce your boundary
And, that wraps up Class One! See you soon for LABL Class #2: Saying “No” – Say “Yes” to a New Way