In my piece of the world, these states can look like:
Needing to shop
Wanting a drink… Real bad!
Needing to eat chocolate, or cake, or the whole loaf of bread
Deep sixing Self Care so that I become a wreck within a short while.
Well it’s been a few weeks and the Confusion persists. I have tried
many of the above coping mechanisms and must report that
THEY ARE NOT WORKING!
they are not working.
So what now?
Here is what I am not willing to do:
- I will not become an alcoholic…that is just too big of a hole to crawl out of.
- I will not eat myself out of house and home… Losing all that weight
- I would gain would be an even deeper hole to crawl out of
- I do not have the energy I used to have for over excitement… I get tired rather easily these days… Opps… there’s the lethargy!
- BTW Lethargy is also out… I refuse to become the lazy slob I used to be before I found triathlons and marathons ( at 50 I transformed myself from a lazy slob and became a triathlete and marathoner).
So I will do what I know best… I will follow the simple steps I laid
out in my book, The Indrani Principle, Inhale Life Exhale Joy.
The system that I wrote about in my book, so many years ago, is one that I STUMBLED upon, while STUMBLING thru my life and challenges.
After morphing from couch potato extradordinaire to elite athlete and then to author, life coach, business owner yada yada yada, I find myself stumbling yet again. I seem to be tripping all over my decisions. I am accepting blame for all kinds of accusations. I am
even convincing myself that somehow I have not been ” good enough”.
AND THEN something glorious happened… I was yet again accused of something and I felt my eyes do some rapid fire blinking as if to say…
Then I woke up from the known trance of
“This TOO is your fault!”
Ummmm… nOOOOOOO…. I reject your hypothesis. I bear no fault here.
So let me quickly outline the formula that I stumbled upon, 8 simple principles… Simple does not mean easy.
E… environment principle
Tune in next Saturday for a guided tour of how to use these simply powerful principles.
Until then… I will enjoy my current state of confusion, knowing well that there are some juicy lessons here for me. The bigger the
confusion the bigger the lesson.
Love and light from Indrani and her iPad!
(photo credit middleastpost.com)